If you want a festive coffee beverage without any sugar added, it’s time to take the reindeer by the horns and make it yourself. Here’s a recipe for a decadent yet low carb version of my favorite Christmas coffee drink.
Peppermint Mocha Latte
- 1/4 cup half and half or the dairy/non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (check the label for no sugar)
- 1 drop edible peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- 6-8 ounces brewed coffee (I use Pure Coffee Club Double French blend)
- In a small saucepan, heat half and half to medium heat, being careful not to scald. Whisk in cocoa powder and peppermint oil. Remove from heat. In a vitamix or similar blender, whip together coffee and half and half mixture until frothy. Pour and serve, garnishing with a few extra sprinkles of cocoa powder.